Union Public Service Commission mainly known as UPSC is the board of combined defence services (CDS). Every year upsc conduct this examination twice a year for the eligible candidates who want to make their career in the defence section. CDS (I) is organized in the starting months of the year and therefore CDS (II) on the end of the year. Every year a lot of candidates apply for the entrance examination in order to achieve a good position in the defence field through it. Firstly, the aspirants have to give an entrance examination and if they manages to get through it then he/she will be selected for the next round known as Personality Test (SSB).After completion of all procedure, the qualified candidates are recruited as one of the member of Army, Naval and Air Headquarters.
UPSC CDS 2018-19
As we have mentioned above that the entrance examination consist of a written examination as the first phase. Aspirants who will pass the first phase of examination that is written test will get the opportunity to sit in the Interview and personality test organized by the Union Public Service Commission. The board of conduct releases the minimum marks for qualifying the examination in both the phases that is Written & SSB. Also take a look at GATE 2019 Application Form.
UPSC CDS Exam Dates
|UPSC Events||CDS I 2018||CDS II 2018||CDS I|
|UPSC CDS Application form starting date||8th Nov 2017||8th Aug 2018||26th sep 2018|
|UPSC CDS Application form last date||04 Dec 2017||03 Sep 2018||26 Nov 2018|
|Exam date of CDS||04 Feb 2018||18 Nov 2018||03 Feb 2019|
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern
Below are the details regarding your examination that will definitely help you in understanding the pattern of the paper. It is very important and without knowing it you won’t be able to score good marks. So, carefully go through the information provided below.
- Paper will contain the question of MCQ type.
- No electronics things are allowed in the examination premises.
For Air Force, Indian Military and Indian Naval:
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 Hour|
|General Knowledge||100||2 Hour|
For Officers’ Training Academy:
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
- Centres will be provided according to the process of first-apply-first-allot as per the news. So, be attentive because once the centre is filled, the candidates will have to select centres from the remaining ones. Carefully choose your centre because once it is selected then you can’t change it. Moreover, UPSC NDA 2 Application form details has been released.
CDS Intelligence and Personality Test:
The phase will be done after the completion of written examination and therefore it is going to be followed by two stages or you can say candidates will have to pass two stages in it.
- In stage 1, aspirants will have to face officer Intelligence Rating test that comprise of picture perception & description test.
- In stage 2, you will have to give Group Testing Officer Tasks, Interview, Psychology Tests and the conference. Therefore, the test last for 4 days.
- Check out CLAT 2019 Eligibility.